Monday, April 2, 2012

Cinderella aint got nothing on me!

No sleeping in for us this weekend! Got busy with the kitchen right away, in fact just moments after stepping in the kitchen dad was already making his first cut. He was probably sick of my not so subtle hints about getting the kitchen done. He worked on all the finish work while I put together Ikea furniture which I bought years ago but has been sitting in storage just waiting for a home. I also spent time moving some of my coupon spoils to the Laundry room, do you still call it a pantry when its not for food? Here are a couple looks at SOME of my coupon deals, keep in mind there is a lot I still have to move.

Those cleaning supplies are 3-4 deep, I am so proud of my stock pile, and I can't even imagine how much money it is saving me to have all that on hand.
Once dad declared the kitchen complete minus the microwave which I have to buy brackets for...
We went home and crashed!

The next day we went to church and had a quick lunch then I was off to my house for extreme cleaning!!
I started with getting all the tools and random nails and chips of wood and everything else that was all over my kitchen OUT! And Finally the table saw was removed and given a new more proper home in the garage!
Next was vacuum up all the saw dust, and OMG it was everywhere. So glad to have my amazing $10 vacuum Target was practically giving away a few months back.This thing was in every nook and cranny getting the dust out. Then I went to my cleaning supplies and got some all purpose cleaner and scrubbed everything down.
Next was to cut the drawer liners, I for once was smart enough to use paper as a template before cutting the actual liners, of course I ran out of liner very soon, and I want to keep using the amazing stuff from Ikea so guess there is another reason on the list to make a trip!!
Ok liners are in and kitchen is ready to be filled up with my stuff... So it begins, I lay out beach towels on the counter so I can just wash and wash and wash, I pile up boxes of pots, pans, dishes, utensils etc on the counter and get to work, 5 hours later I had everything washed. I did take breaks now and then to put stuff away mostly because I needed to open the counter for more stuff.
The picture represents the moment I realized I have a utensil buying problem... hey at least when one breaks I won't care...
Seriously who doesn't need at least 3 sets of the basic utensils plus a bunch of more fun extras??

My true pride of the kitchen is my "Tupperware" drawer, I don't know how you organize them at your home but I was determined to have them handy and in a somewhat orderly fashion. So I put them away and like a message from the heavens OR a clear sign I spend WAY to much time on Pinterest I grabbed the $1 Hobby Lobby magazine holder I had and put the lids in. WOW it was perfect!! So proud of "real woman of genius" moment.
What do you think??

Actually since that photo I moved them up a bit and added my Ziploc bags and Foil to the drawer and it works PERFECTLY!! Mom saw it and asked if she could steal the idea. OF COURSE, anyone can just remember me in your "most organized woman" award speech.
So in the end I was just beaming as I looked around my kitchen... Here is a photo of most of the drawers/cabinets full, I did about another hour or more of work so more was added but at least you can tell I was working my behind off!
Last before I left I had to get my 1st decoration on the wall I have been dying to put this up for ever!!
Can you remember where you have seen it before??
Check this out....
Yep it was in Monica's bedroom on Friends for all 10 seasons!

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhhhh i love seeing things all organized! fabulous, christina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am organized obsessed! I am using those little plastic boxes for everything, just you wait....

    ReplyDelete