Monday, January 30, 2012

Sink!!!

This weekend was madness! Saturday my dad was able to focus on my parents house and the work there so I was able to be a slacker (much needed!!) I caught up on tv while I did laundry and other fun house keeping activities. Then I went to my house where I have been applying wood stain and varnish to the trim work. Which I  think looks amazing. I have to say I have no idea you were to sand them and after I learned that WOW!!


The super bowl might be next Sunday , but this weekend was SUPER, in the crazy amount of work we got done! The plan was a sink...
Before the sink we put the sponge/ring holder's in the fake drawer under the sink. So much easier to apply when the top was open and there was no sink in the way.


Of course it took longer than expected. But better to start with a sink hole that is smaller than the sink and slowly get bigger with the hole cause you can not grow the sink...
So after several hole expanding cuts the sink fit!!

And more important we were able to salvage the new facet they had just put in the old kitchen so that's a nice savings! And its a nice facet!
I did tell my dad the warm was on correctly while he was hooking up the plumbing several hours later I realized I had them backwards so I used my muscles and was able to switch the flew tubing all by myself! Yeah add plummer to my resume!!
Also I was able to snag a major find at Target!! They had their curtains on clearance!! So I picked up some to finally rid myself of the terrible lace ones. The lace had to go for several reasons... for example I am not 60, you can see through them and quiet frankly I hate them. so good bye lace hello privacy curtains
 Before
After

3 comments: