Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Super dad!!

So my parents have been working like crazy on their place and WOW, I know I say that over and over but they have really done some amazing work and its all coming together so nice. Their kitchen just looks amazing! They did some great tile work and it really warmed the whole place, and its starting to feel very much like "home".
Because they have been working so hard my house was left untouched for the weekend. However my dad had jury duty on Monday and once he was dismissed I left work early to meet him at my place and get to work!!
Started with the laundry room... remember when it was just a laundry closet?

YUCK right! So I painted it awhile ago
Then we added a wall and made it a room not a closet
So yesterday we got a lot of finishing touches done! And its almost a complete room!

I know this is like a catch all of other stuff... like the old kitchen cabinets are now storage for the laundry, I think coupon deals will go in there...and other stuff you want to keep around but don't really have a place for.
But the counter top is really nice, will be a great folding/sorting area for clothes.
Really its a laundry room so it doesn't need to be spectacular but I need to do something with those cabinets!
I will do some sort of art thing on the wall, have to do that when I am feeling creative.
NEED YOUR HELP, what do you think I should do with the cabinets to make them fit in better?? HELP
Wondering about all brown paint job with new hardware...

So we also put in the door which I can't believe I forgot to take a photo because that door took a long time to put in. I never knew so much work went into a door!
I will have to remember to take a photo of it. But the whole room looks great and I love the turn out.

Also last night we started to add the trim in the kitchen and I have to say WOW, I think it really changes the look and just looks so nice... can't wait to get more done!
Here is a preview:
(the trim just above the light is what I am referring to)

More work to do, of course, but I can't believe we got so much done in one night!

No comments:

Post a Comment