Monday, April 9, 2012

Green Thumb??

So I have always wanted to plant a prosperous vegetable garden, so I have been looking on the website http://sproutrobot.com/ to find out when I should plant things for my zip code. I went to the local Anderson's and got a bunch of seeds and got to work. I also picked up an amazing new trowel its Black and Decker and hardcore! I realize I am nerding out over this potential garden but what can I say?? 
I think I can do it because in high school my then boyfriends mom gave me some plants which I have managed to keep alive WAY after that relationship died. Its been 15+ years so I think this garden has a chance.
Ok here are the 1st set of seeds, maybe more to come but only grabbed the ones that need planted now or in the next week:
The top 2 on the left are these new indoor disk things, While I was shopping I ran into a co-worker who said she did them and had lettuce in 2 weeks so I thought why not. I will give it a shot with Lettuce and tomatoes
so I got those planted (so easy!) and sitting in the window (since the photo they have been moved indoors)
Then I "started" some of the soon to be transplants to the "yet to be built" outdoor garden
I promised my friend Kim I wouldn't be a freak about my garden but I would be blogging about it so I am sorry if you don't feel the same way about garden's (and i don't blame you) but I will try not to be to obnoxious... But I do have all my babies planted and sitting in the sun. And yes I was talking to them a little throughout the day...

Ok enough of that I also painted the second and final coat on the office, now that its a room again and not a makeshift wood staining room. It looks so much better with a second coat. Can't wait to start moving more things in...reminder only 2 walls are this color, it is a nice balance, all 4 would be WAY to much


I got this steal of a chair at Target on their clearance $25!! I was so pumped, I only needed one for this spot and it works perfectly. And yes that is fine German engineering that put that together. I did it all by myself, and people were already brave enough to sit on it and the chair remained as it should so pat on my back!

My dad also did some other work yesterday between, the Easter Bunny and heading to Granny's house so I will have to clean up his mess and take photo's this week.
While my mom and sister are off on Spring Break I am going to take a couple days off and head to Ikea, Home Goods and maybe Sauders to get a couple items I am in need of...
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment