Monday, April 16, 2012

wait.. are we done??

I know I have bragged a lot but my dad is super dad, he deserves a cape. I know he is anxious to get everyone moved which results in him having to bust through some of these last few projects. And Saturday morning he was like the energizer bunny. The guy was getting stuff done fast and furious. He got the trim on the laundry door, the crown molding on the outside of the laundry room and WOW does that look good. Also he trimmed the ceiling tiles and it looks flawless now. So check those 2 rooms off the list as DONE.
Then he went to the bathroom and he put in my new sick. Oh buddy does it look great.
Ok the old sink had this ridiculous 2-3 inch over hang that people were slamming their elbows into and the toilet paper holder was behind your left elbow so you were doing strange yoga poses just to reach it....
This is a photo of the old
And this is the new 
Also put up some shelf's with some decorations 

The old sink will find a new home at my parents
and I got a new facet because I could, but its awesome and swivels so that is a nice feature for a bathroom.
Also moved the TP holder to a normal position.
Its the little things people!

Ok, the other big mission for me was to find the dining room table. It has been a work bench covered in tools for 4 months and since we are so close to being done I had to clean it off and put my new table cloth on. 
I can't believe how big the room still is, and no the plants are not staying there, its just a good spot for now.
Of course we can't leave out my hard work. I put together the Sauder's pieces I got and I am proud to say I did it all on my own, and only cursed and huffed a little.The wardrobe looks SO much bigger sitting in this room, I am not sure if I am fully happy with it just yet...
Still super proud of myself 
I also put together the small bookshelf which of course doesn't fit where I planned it to go (I did not measure it myself I trusted someone else to do it... oh well) Always need a bookcase somewhere.
Last I wanted to share just PART of my flower beds, if anyone knows a lot about plants/flowers I would love your help with what is in here, other than tulips I have no idea what stuff is...


The final push for the move is happening now
I am going to start packing stuff up and moving things I don't need daily like winter clothes etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment