Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Everything BUT the kitchen sink

So another weekend gone and more work done.
Don't think I mentioned it before but my brother has been home since New Years Day, on leave from the Air Force. So my poor dad has been pulled in several directions. He has their new house, my new house, and spending time with his son all trying to get his attention.Somehow he found a way to make it happen.
Remember when we knocked out a wall... well that big hole is the future site of my kitchen cabinets including the sink. So my house has been without a kitchen sink for 2 weeks (and counting).
However we had major progress this weekend. I say "we" like I did something but really I cleaned up and lifted or held something in place when told to, my dad deserves a cape he has super powers when it comes to home improvement.
My oven/stove/range whatever you would like to call it is switching places with my sink, so that means crawling under the house to re-wire and new pluming. Which he was able to do. Then we placed the cabinets and got them leveled and screwed together. Oh happy surprise BEAUTIFUL hard wood floors under the dining room carpet and I am assuming into the 2 bedrooms. Maybe someday I will tear out the carpet.
So cabinets in place we cut some of the counter top and placed that, including the plywood part for the big counter top so you can get a sense of where everything will go and how it will look. I love it!! It really opened up the house and made the kitchen VERY large. No more random oven sitting in the middle of the room.
Also made a trip to Lowes were I got a STEAL on a microwave and an amazing deal on a new stove!! So it will fully be a brand new everything when its all finished.
Maybe next weekend we can finish the counter top and I can get a sink back!! Really hard to do anything without a kitchen sink. But what I can do is clean woodwork so maybe I will try to get that done this week...depends on my motivation after work which tends to be lacking.
Remember the hole...

sneak peek at hard wood floors

Cabinets (with OLD stove)
Like I said OLD stove, my pretty new one is in the garage in a box



its going to be GREAT!!!

2 comments:

  1. Completely LOVE it!! Wow - you have great vision...you're right, it is going to be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! trying to find a color for the kitchen, was originally thinking burnt orange but not I am not sure, also toying with an dark olive green...

    ReplyDelete