Monday, February 6, 2012

Lights... Trim... Range...OH MY (and some paint!)

Another less intense weekend. I think we are all just so drained, we have been working on one house or another since November and when you only have weekends to work on it you really work has hard as you can to get maximum impact. So we went full speed, sun up to sun down for 3 months and now we are all just out of steam.
That being said we still got a lot done. Saturday Dad spent most of his time at their house and got some amazing work done. Pinterest inspired banquets in the kitchen look amazing, and mom found some great fabric for the curtains! Good thing we have friends that sew!
I was at my place putting the last coat of stain on the cabinet back board and painting the kitchen. I still need to do another coat but I am liking the color, its very hard to describe and I don't feel the photo does it justice but I like it non the less.
this is a sample of it
its a very olive green

We also got the trim put up and the lights over the kitchen sink installed.
of course I got the wrong light bulbs and have to stop and get the right ones on my way home tonight but at least we know they work and WOW is it awesome! Provides great light to the dining room and you can see what your washing!




And finally after much waiting and excitement we moved the new stove/range/over whatever you prefer to call it. Remember its been sitting in the garage for weeks in its box so I was dying to open it and get it set up.
So we moved it in and I still love it!
So excited to get cooking and baking on it







The kitchen is really coming together, and for only a few hours of work we got a lot done!
Then we went home to sit and watch the Superbowl... mom made some amazing pulled pork in the crock pot, paired with a cold beer it was the perfect end to the day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christina. This is SO much fun to read. You are chronicling the whole journey and will be able to look back on all the work that you and your family put into making your house a very sweet little home! I'll 'stay tuned.' Rose K

    ReplyDelete