Monday, April 30, 2012

Stopped short by a head cold/allergy thing...

Before the weekend started I had every intention on moving so large item over to the house and being on the verge of moving the last stuff.
Then the allergy/cold monster moved into my head, throat, and chest. I tried to work through the pain on Saturday and got a lot done.
I was able to paint my bedroom a light gray, I figure this way any accent color I end up picking will really pop
I originally did not plan to paint this room but after looking at the walls it was pretty marked up and dirty and needed something.


On Thursday my dad came over and finished up the trim work on my kitchen and did a few other little things like hung my America flag- 

I think it looks great. It was so important to me to have that flag up.
He also hung my wind chimes outside my kitchen and living room window so I can hear them from both rooms. And they did work I heard them softly behind me all weekend as I lay on the couch struggling to breath.
Last I was able to wave farewell to the terrible kitchen curtains and we added some blinds it looks so much better
Sorry its not a great picture but it was hard with the amazing sunlight streaming in.


I spent most of the days laying on the couch trying hard to get air through my nose and not coughing cause that felt like razor's in my throat...
This was my home...
When I did have moments where I felt energy I would try to get stuff done. I was able to get the last of the dvd's over and put away. They are in a very random order of genre not how I would like it but it will work for now

I also put away some of the liquor and alcohol, I again don't care for the organizing but I was sick and didn't really feel like thinking it though so I just through everything on the shelf.
Because being sick and not getting anything you wanted to get done wasn't bad enough I went to use the bathroom on Sunday and had a wet foot. Apparently when I was doing laundry it was to much and I discovered a possible problem in my sewer pipe... When the water leads the washer its to much and everything started backing up. So I went to see my super hero dad and he looked around and thinks I will need to call Roto Rooter, but we are going to look into it more next weekend.
I knew something was going to happen at some point... that's what houses do right?
Just hope I feel better next weekend so I can catch up on everything I didn't get done this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment